I moved into my new house this week. And it’s amazing. I now have several things that I haven’t had since I lived with my parents (hi mom):
- A dishwasher
- My own bathroom
- A washer/dryer I can rely on
- By that I mean my clothes won’t be lying on the dusty floor when I return, forcing me to re-wash them
- A closet with doors that work
- A private porch
- and a kitchen I’m allowed to cook in
Now you may be used to having most of these things. But to me, they’re a luxury.
Yep. Everything about the new house is perfect. Except one small thing…
I’m allergic to it.
What? you say.
Oh yeah… Allergic.
I’ve never been allergic to anything in my entire life. Not cats. Not dogs. Not even pollen.
But every time I step into the place where I am contractually bound to live for the next year, my nose starts running and I begin uncontrollably sneezing.
I know a bunch of you have moved into new homes this summer. If you’ve experienced a similar problem and have a solution, by all means let me know.